The Shakespeare Blog for W.A.T.E.R (Whate All The Earth Reads), an independent study course at Plymouth Regional High School, NH
Monday, October 4, 2010
Shakespearian Favorites
Harold Bloom says we should all collect favorite scenes from Shakespeare. I don't know about that, but one of my new favorite phrases is "I would not have given it for a wilderness of monkeys." (Shylock) Got any?
I really love the scene in a Midsummer Night's Dream when Bottom gets the donkey head and the rest of the players freak out. To be honest I love all of a Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm not sure if it is just because I've seen it so many times and so I understand it, but I love the whole thing. It is my personal favorite!
I live Midsummer Night's Dream too (especially Puck), but I think my favorite scenes from his plays I've read so far were the speeches in Julius Caesar, so powerful to read and such sick nasty examples of rhetoric. I think I fancied Mark Anthony's a bit more than Brutus'...
I can comment!
ReplyDeleteI really love the scene in a Midsummer Night's Dream when Bottom gets the donkey head and the rest of the players freak out. To be honest I love all of a Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm not sure if it is just because I've seen it so many times and so I understand it, but I love the whole thing. It is my personal favorite!
ReplyDeleteI live Midsummer Night's Dream too (especially Puck), but I think my favorite scenes from his plays I've read so far were the speeches in Julius Caesar, so powerful to read and such sick nasty examples of rhetoric. I think I fancied Mark Anthony's a bit more than Brutus'...
ReplyDelete